Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

51. Bucket Lists


The woman shall, in order to live an aspirational, fulfilling, proactive, and self-directed life, record and execute a bucket list - and look back at it!

We live life in lists - to-do lists, grocery lists, man lists, woman lists, Christmas card recipient lists...and well..the "list" goes on.  One list I've got to work on though (and perhaps you, too?), is the Bucket List. 

The trouble with the bucket list practice is that there are, at times, hefty price-tags attached, and that's always been my stumbling block.  Everything that I want to do is sooooooooooo cost prohibitive, and so I've elected to stay away from producing one.

To my great discovery, though, I recently saw a Facebook post from a very inspirational lady (and proud fellow Clemson alum), and it was so cool to see all of her fun, adventurous, and terrifically interesting items that make for a really cool list.  It was even more awesome to see how many friends were willing to lend their time, talent, and treasures to help reach her goals. 

That was just enough motivation for me to put in some work, and I've compiled the list below.  I'll revisit this blog post on January 4, 2015 to see what I can cross off and what I can add.  Here's to a list of fulfilling fun in 2014! 


ALLYSON'S BUCKET LIST...well, an abbreviated version
(always in draft form, because stuff will be crossed off and added, per life's serendipitous generosity :)

1. Plant a vertical garden
2.  Run a marathon
3.  Type my Mom's journals
4.  Attend a NASCAR event
5.  Tailgate at a Philadelphia Eagles game
6.  Hobnob at the Kentucky Derby
7.  Create and maintain an Official Woman Laws website
8.  Perform a set of songs by Prince at a jazz spot (that means I have to learn how to sing!)
9.  Graduate from a culinary school program and master Spanish food
10. Complete TESOL certification and teach abroad
11.  Learn how to play chess
12.  Learn how to drive a stick shift
13.  Learn how to sing I know I've been changed
13.  Learn Polish
14.  Make really great sushi
15.  Buy a home when the time is right, and with lots of confidence
16.  Run for elected office
17.  Go to the Olympics
18.  Go to Essence Music Festival
19.  Visit Greece
20.  Serve on the board of an arts museum


No comments:

Post a Comment

58. Make lots of Powerful Lists......and review them daily

Powerful women make powerful lists. We took a look at creating  Bucket Lists , which is great practice to set and track long-term and l...